Data Protection Policy
We appreciate your interest in our website, information and services, and are committed to protecting any personal data of yours which is collected, processed and used when your visit our website. The policy outlined in the following fulfills our legal obligation to inform you regarding the storage of data, the type of data stored and the purposes for doing so as well as regarding our identity. We are also informing you concerning the initial transmission of data and the type of data transmitted.
§1 Disclosures on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we would like to inform you regarding the collection of personal data when you visit our website. ‘Personal data’ refers to all data which pertains to you personally, as an individual, including for example your name, address, e-mail addresses and user behavior.
(2) The controller per Art. 4 paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
STURM und DRANG GmbH
+49 (0)40 20 20 100 0
Fax +49 40 20 20 100 11
E-mail: mail [at] sturmunddrang.de
(see Disclosures & Credits) You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by letter to our postal address, “attention: data protection officer”.
(3) When you contact us via e-mail or contact form, we store the data you provide (including particularly your e-mail address as well as your name, phone number and message, as applicable) in order to respond to the matters of your inquiry. We have an overriding legitimate interest in processing for the aforementioned purposes on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) f GDPR. If you contact us by e-mail for the purposes of the conclusion or performance of a contract, the data are processed in performance of contract (Art. 6 paragraph 1 b GDPR). We erase data thus collected when storage is no longer necessary, or restrict such from processing if statutory storage requirements apply.
(4) To the extent we utilize contracted service providers for individual elements of our offering, and if we wish to utilize your data for advertising/marketing purposes, we will specifically inform you below regarding the respective processes involved, stating the defined storage period criteria.
§2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights assertable against us in regard to your personal data:
– rectification and erasure
– restriction of processing
– objection to processing
– data portability
(2) You furthermore have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority if we process your personal data in breach of applicable laws.
§3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When you use our website solely for informational purposes, i.e. you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, the only personal data we collect are the personal data your browser transmits to our server. When you visit our website we collect the following data, which is necessary for technically reasons for us to display our web pages to you, and to ensure website stability and security (we furthermore have a legitimate interest in processing for the above purposes on the legal basis of Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 f GDPR):
– IP address
– Request date and time
– Time zone difference vs. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Request content (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– The respective data volume transmitted
– Referrer website of request
– Operating system and OS interface
– Browser software language and version
(2) In addition to the above data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files stored on your hard drive that reference the browser you are using and provide certain information to the party which placed the cookie (us, in this case). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are utilized to make the website more user-friendly and useful overall.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data using technical cookies is Art. 6 paragraph 1 f GDPR. The controller has a legitimate interest in the secure, stable and efficient provision of website functionalities and of the information retrievable from the website. If by means of the respective function the controller fulfills a contractual obligation to you, such as your participation in a digital event which you have registered for, the applicable legal basis is Art. 6 paragraph 1 b GDPR. Without exception, the legal basis for the processing of personal data using technical cookies is your consent, in conjunction with Article 6 paragraph 1 a GDPR.
§4 Further website functionalities and offerings
(1) In addition to using our website for solely informational purposes, interested users may make use of various services offered on our website. For this you generally have to provide additional personal data, which we use to provide the service in question. The above data processing rules apply to this data.
(2) We sometimes utilize external service providers for the processing of your data. We carefully select these providers before hiring and regularly monitor them. They are bound to our instructions.
(3) If service providers or partners we utilize are domiciled outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we provide disclosures on how this may potentially affect you in the relevant offering description.
(1) You can subscribe to receive our newsletter, requiring your consent, which keeps you informed on our latest offers of potential interest. The goods and services advertised therein are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) The ‘double opt-in’ method is utilized for signup to receive our newsletter. This means that when you register we send an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided requesting you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your data are restricted from processing and automatically deleted after retention for one month. We also store the IP addresses you use and the timestamp data for your registration and confirmation. This method is utilized to ensure that your registration is documented and is referenced in case of any misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your e-mail address is the only data required in order to receive the newsletter. [Any other data is provided on a voluntary basis. Such data is specially designated and used to address you personally.] After you provide confirmation, we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending out the newsletter. The legal basis for the above is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke consent to distribution of the newsletter at any time by unsubscribing. You can declare revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by sending e-mail notification accordingly to email@example.com or by sending a corresponding message to the contact person stated on the Disclosures & Credits web page.
§6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited. (hereinafter “Google”). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files stored on your computer allowing analysis of your website usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually sent to a Google server in the US where it is stored. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will first truncate your IP address in European Union member states and other countries which are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to and truncated on a Google server in the USA. On behalf of the website operator Google will use this information to website operators and your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide other website and internet usage-related services for the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
(3) You may refuse the storing of cookies by changing your browser settings accordingly; you are advised however that in such case you may not be able to fully utilize the entire range of the features of this website. You can also prevent recorded data generated by the cookie concerning your use of the website (including your IP address) from being sent to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via the following link:
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymize". This means that IP addresses are processed in masked form so they cannot be referenced to an individual. Any data collected which is referenceable to you personally are thus immediately excluded and the personal data are promptly deleted.
(5) We utilize Google Analytics to analyze use of our website as the basis for ongoing improvements. Statistical data we gather are employed to improve our offering and design it for greater user appeal. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 a GDPR, in combination with your consent.
Google complies with data protection regulations governing data transfer to third countries per Art. 44 et seq. GDPR, which can be relevant in cases where personal data is transferred to the US. EU standard contractual clauses (SCCs) have been contractually implemented to this end. These are downloadable here.
§7 Linked content, ShareThis and other sharing functionalities
(1) Our website contains links to our social media profiles and allows the sharing of website content on social media. No personal data is gathered in providing these functionalities but rather only when you use them while logged in with the respective provider. The privacy policies and data protection advisories of the respective platform operators apply in such case. Please be advised that we have no responsibility for how data is processed on third-party platforms, over which we have no influence.
(2) We utilize plugins for our website of the service provider ShareThis Inc., 250 Cambridge Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA (hereinafter “ShareThis”).
IMPORTANT NOTE! Data may be transferred to the US through usage of this service.
These plugins enable users to set bookmarks and post/share bookmarked content on social media (Twitter, Facebook etc.).
The basis for the processing of your data is your consent per Art. 6 paragraph 1 a GDPR. You may revoke previously granted consent at any time with non-retroactive effect.
If you do not want your visit to our website to be referenceable to your user accounts on the social media networks in question or to social bookmarking services, we recommend that you forego using the corresponding ShareThis buttons on our website.
§8 DATA PROTECTION AND THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS
We process the personal data of job applicants as part of the job application process. This includes electronic processing, particularly when an applicant sends us application documents via electronic channels such as e-mail or a website contact form. If we conclude an employment contract with an applicant, the data transmitted are stored for employment administration purposes, in compliance with applicable laws. When we do not conclude an employment contract with a given applicant, the application documents are automatically deleted four months after providing notice of rejection in the absence of other legitimate interests in retention on the part of the controller, or unless the applicant has consented to retention of his/her data beyond that point. Reasons representing a legitimate interest include for example documentation obligations in proceedings concerning the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG). The legal basis for the processing of applicants’ personal data is § 26 of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) in conjunction with Art. 6 paragraph 1 b and Article 88 GDPR, as well as Art. 6. paragraph 1 c GDPR where processing is performed in fulfillment of legal requirements and Art. 6 paragraph 1 a § 26 BDSG where the data subject’s consent forms the basis for processing.
§9 Objection and revocation of consent to processing of your data
(1) You can revoke previously granted consent to the processing of your data at any time. Such revocation affects how we can process your personal data from the point on at which you notified us.
(2) You have the right to object to processing if we process your personal data on the basis of a weighing of interests. This is the case in particular if processing is not necessary in performance of a contract with you, and we disclose such in the description of functionalities respectively following. If exercising your right to object, please outline the reasons for your objection to our processing your personal data in the manner done. If your objection is deemed valid, we will review the relevant facts and will then either cease data processing, alter the manner of data processing or notify you of the reasons constituting our overriding legitimate interest therein, based on which we will continue processing.
(3) You have the right of course to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing and data analysis purposes. You may notify us of objection for marketing purposes by contacting us via the contact options provided above.
§10 RETENTION PERIOD
Except as otherwise stated in the respective specific advisories in this data protection policy, we process personal data solely for the purposes outlined herein and only for as long as data identifying the person concerned are necessary for the respective purpose, in accordance with applicable laws. At the end of the applicable retention period, data are erased and/or neutralized/anonymized in accordance with data protection law.
LAST UPDATED: 02/2022